Wednesday, February 15, 2012

How do stop my spider plant from dying?

Sometime in December or January I bought a spider plant. It was very healthy looking full and green. Since then it has declined in health. The leaves started turning brown. I looked up information on the internet but everything they have suggested does not seem to help (less water, more water, distilled water, more sun, less sun, miracle grow). The plant gets sun but is not in direct sunlight.



I don't know what to do. That beautiful plant has died in the middle and now the left side is drooping and brown. Help me save my plant !!
How do stop my spider plant from dying?
Check out this link:

http://co.essortment.com/spiderplantcar_...



If your plant continues to turn brown, then it is time to buy a new plant and start all over again. This happens. Gardeners are use to having to start over.



I wish you well.
Reply:How frustrating! It sounds like you've got the light right, so you probably have insects (spider mites are a huge problem with houseplants) or a plant disease. What usually works for me:

1. I buy and apply some Bayer Advanced Disease Control for Roses, Flowers, and Shrubs - I get it from my local Walmart, but it's also at Lowes, Home Depot, etc.

2. I let the soil dry out between waterings; this usually means only watering once per week %26amp; making sure that weekly watering is good and deep. The first watering, and every three months after that, I add the Bayer stuff to the water at the rate it says on the package.

Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment